Europska volonterska služba
Provedi 10 mjeseci u Wroclawu i učini nešto dobro za okoliš!
Tema projekta: osmišljavanje i provedba ponude EkoCentrum-a
Naziv projekta: Creative youth in our environment
Datum aktivnosti: 01.04.2017. – 31.01.2018.
Trajanje: 10 mjeseci
Mjesto: Wroclaw, Poljska
Organizacija primatelj: Fundacja EkoRozwoju – FER
Rok za prijavu: 03.03.2017.
Organizacija traži više volontera!
The mission of Foundation for Sustainable Development (Fundacja EkoRozwoju – FER), one of the biggest in Poland non – government organization (NGO), is to support development in harmony with nature. We have been successfully trying to achieve this goal since 1991. Initially, our activities focused mainly on protection of water and river valleys. Over the years the range of our activities widened considerably including urban
Today, we do not only protect nature (e.g. roadside avenues and endangered species) but we also support social initiatives using natural values in a sustainable manner, promote innovation in the field of environmental protection and conduct educational activities directed to the officials, teachers, youth , adults and seniors. We carry out projects of
local, regional, national and international levels.
In autumn 2013 FER opened in Wroclaw Nadodrze, an “EkoCentrum” – unique in the country’s scale a center of environmental education. Not accidentally does it function in a place where major environmental problems are born which is in the heart of the city. Together with the inauguration of EkoCentrum our educational activities expanded to a permanent offer of classes and also took on a more holistic nature including global and anti-discrimination education. Today, in a permanent educational offer, we organize both indoor and outdoor activities. The classes of the Sustainable Development are focused on the sustainable use of natural resources, with particular emphasis on measures to reduce waste, reduction of energy consumption, promoting sustainable transport, responsible consumption, water conservation and climate change.
Tasks of volunteer:
Volunteers would be involved into creation and implementation of the EkoCentrum offer (open classes, meetings, workshops provided by FER and its partners) as well as assistance in current FER programs (environmental education, environmental campaigns, cooperation with local partners, etc). Volunteers would be also assisting in everyday work in the office. We are looking forward also for all ideas and initiatives undertaken by the
volunteers as long as they will meet our priorities and will help to create an interesting offer for the EkoCentrum.
The organisation needs a media team, an educational team and an environmental event team.
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements:
- Volunteers will live in the shared flat with other EVS volunteers. Possibly sharing room with other person /only if the same gender.
- Volunteer will receive extra money for food expenses /circa 100 euro per month.
- Volunteers will receive monthly card for public transport.
- Health insurance is covered by the program.
We would like to work with somebody who:
- shares our values towards the environment
- is proactive, educative with good communication skills and takes responsibility for what she or he is managing
- has basic environmental knowledge (at least not denying climate change!) /natural science background would be an asset/
- is well organized and self-directed
- speaks communicative EnglishPreferable additional skills:
- Volunteers that have IT skills and are keen on basic graphic programs and web
design and are familiar with filming, taking pictures, editing, processing
- Volunteers who love to work with groups (children and adults) and have some
experience in work with them, are keen on hadcrafts and/ or dancing, juggling, acrobatics, circus, sports and all sort of creative ways to use your body
- are ready to invent an interesting offer for workshop in EkoCentrum
and put it into practice
- like gardening and outdoor works
How to apply:
If you feel that you may match to our team and share the same values don’t hesitate and contact our Partner regarding your nationality. For Croatia: Udruga Žmergo, contact number: +385 51 271 459 or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out the application form which you can get from our Partner from Croatia and send it to us by email, together with your CV. Successful candidates will be required to provide a hard copy signed with their signature.