We are looking for 4 enthusiastic young European volunteers to work with us in our ecology and environment NGO. We would appreciate very much if, other than high level of motivation to work on “green” topics, young candidates to have interest in audio-visual fields so we welcome:
Video wizard (producer and artist)
IT and all rounder
in the beautiful city of Opatija, in the coast of Croatia.
The main activities that the volunteers will perform are:
– EVENT MANAGEMENT: planing and implementing different types of events, mostly for national campaign Zelena Cistka and celebration of ecological dates.
– IT PROJECTS: preparation of promotional materials for different Zmergo’s projects, working with databases and web administration, preparation of pictures and videos on Zmergo’s website and Facebook pages, along with the text.
– EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE: the volunteers will take part of the event Rijeka 2020 as the European Capital of Culture. They will participate in several types of activities and events such as conferences, expositions, film festivals, etc. related to this topic.
– PROMOTION ACTIVITIES: promotion of all Zmergo’s activities online, in local media or through public presentations, producing video materials and photos
– EDUCATION ABOUT ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES : various seminars or workshops held in the office of the organisation, schools or during various activities that will be held for public.
– PR ACTIVITIES: designing the PR strategy (for example how to use social media, and when to contact newspapers and television) by using existing PR Zmergo’s contact database
– MARKETING ACTIVITIES: fund-raising and finding sponsorship
ACCOMODATION, FOOD AND OTHERS
EVS volunteers will be accommodated in a shared apartment in the centre of Opatija. The apartment will be fully equipped, including kitchen equipment. Two volunteers of same sex will share a room while the third volunteer will have a room on his/her own. The apartment will be prepared to volunteers’ specific needs if necessary and checked before their arrival by Zmergo’s member and the owner. The apartment is located in the walking distance from Zmergo’s office and there is no need of using a local transport in order to get there.
Volunteers will receive monthly money for food plus pocket money and, once in Croatia, they will participate in the On-Arrival training at the beggining of their EVS as well as in the Mid-Term meeting in the half of their EVS.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10th January 2018
DATES OF THE PROJECT: February 2018 – February 2019
HOW TO APPLY: send us your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ANY DOUBTS or MORE INFORMATION: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our FACEBOOK here