The European Youth Forum is looking for a team of seven volunteers passionate for youth engagement in politics, to support the running of the Yo!Fest @ the EYE2018, a two-day youth, political festival that takes place outside the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France on the 1-2 June.
The European Youth Forum is looking for:
- One Communications Volunteer;
- Five Programme Volunteers;
- One Production Assistant Volunteer.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be fluent in English and French (desirable);
- Work or volunteer experience in organising or supporting international events;
- Have excellent communication abilities (oral and written);
- Have strong attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Be able to work in an international team;
- Be available to be in Strasbourg from Wednesday 30th May until Sunday 3rd June 2018;
- Be resident of a European country and be aged between 18-30;
- Be available to attend a 1-day training in Brussels in April.
Volunters will be mainly responsible for:
- Assisting the production team in dealing with all unexpected eventualities during the weekend. One volunteer will be selected to directly assist the Production Manager and lead the larger volunteer team of 20 volunteers;
- Assisting external suppliers when required;
- Assisting the venue teams in managing programme supplies;
- Ensuring venues are prepared for activities;
- Assisting performing artists in their preparation;
- Troubleshooting unexpected eventualities to ensure a smooth experience for all participants.
- The Communications Volunteer will be responsible for:
- Working independently to generate social media content, such as Facebook live posts, Instagram pictures and conduct short participant interviews;
- Supporting the EYF Communications Team with media enquiries and managing journalists;
- Managing A 10-metres tall broadcasting tower at the centre of the Yo!Fest site. One of the primary duties will be to make sure that the audio and video engineers are following the broadcasting schedule and liaising between videographers, photographers and graphic designers to ensure content is submitted on time.
Selected candidates will have their travel reimbursed to and from Strasbourg to attend the event, accommodation and meals supplied throughout their stay, free Yo!Fest hoody and T-Shirt and invitation to the Yo!Fest & EYE celebration.
Deadline to apply: 22 March 2018.
All details are available here: https://database.youthforum.